Protecting your teeth while playing sports is essential when you have braces or Invisalign. Mouthguards help to protect your teeth and gums from injury. As recommended by the American Association of Orthodontists that you need to wear a mouthguard when participating in sports activities such as basketball, boxing, soccer, and wrestling.
How to Take Care of Mouthguard?
To take care of your mouthguard:
- Wash your mouthguard before and after each use. Clean it with a mild shop and a toothbrush.
- Regularly clean the mouthguard in chill, soapy water, and rinse it thoroughly.
- While traveling, place the mouthguard in a container. It permits air circulation and helps prevent damage.
- Protect your mouthguard from high temperature or direct sunlight, so the shape doesn't get messed up.
- Take your mouthguard to each dental visit to have your dentist examine it.